6 Reasons Why Cotton Dohars are Ideal for Summer
- 6 Reasons Why Cotton Dohars are Ideal for Summer
- May 12, 2021
We all use dohars for added comfort, warmth and cosiness.
A dohar is a type of covering which is very light and airy, with a soft filling in the centre, making it ideal for summer.
In springtime, there's a definite increase in temperature as compared to the cool winter months.
But did you know that the word “dohar” actually means “layers”? These traditional Indian blankets are comprised of layers of “mulmul”, which is a form of cotton muslin. Which brings us to why cotton is actually the ideal choice of material for summers.
- Made of natural fibres, this material is perfect to combat the heat outside. This is primarily due to its breathability and moisture wicking properties, rendering it incapable of retaining heat. This is particularly useful when the temperatures begin to rise.
- Cotton is a hypoallergenic material and is perfectly suited for people with skin allergies like eczema or psoriasis. The natural origin of cotton allows the skin in contact with it to “breathe”, hence avoiding irritation and discomfort for people with sensitive skin.
- Cotton is very easy to care as compared to other fabrics. It can be conveniently washed at home and holds up very well to repeated washing, making it a fantastic option. So let your washing machine do your job for you, whilst you save on dry cleaning bills!
- In this day and age, when environmental concerns loom above us, it has become imperative to do our bit for nature. 100% cotton is bio-degradable, and enriches the soil, which is a big boon for the environment.
- The various ways in which cotton is weaved ensures its softness and smoothness. This makes it versatile since it can be used for the youngest of skins.
- Compared to other artificial and synthetic fibres, cotton is one of the least expensive fabrics available. This feature makes it even more attractive than it already is.
For all of the above reasons, cotton dohars are certainly the best choice for the spring season. They will provide you with hours of comfortable, cosy and uninterrupted sleep!