Q1. What is the point of a mattress protector? / Why do I need a mattress protector?
A mattress protector is a bed covering that envelopes or encases a mattress, thus protecting it from spills and stains. By blocking moisture, these bed covers prevent the development of mold, bacteria, dust mites, and any other allergens within your bed. Thus, investing in a mattress protector is essential to improve your mattress's shelf life.
Q2. What are the benefits of using a mattress protector?
The main benefits of using a mattress protector include:
- Protection from spills and stains
- Increase in mattress shelf life and durability
- Snug fit due to the protector's elasticated edges
- Promotion of proper hygiene, health, and well-being due to waterproof, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial properties
- Easy to follow wash and care instructions
Q3. Are mattress protectors easy to wash and maintain?
Yes, it is extremely easy to wash and care for mattress protectors.
Make sure to follow these steps:
- Machine wash (warm)
- Wash dark colours separately
- Do not bleach
- Tumble dry at a normal, low heat
- Iron (medium)
Q4. How often should I wash my mattress protector?
Since mattress protectors can extend the life of your mattress, properly caring for them is crucial. It is recommended that these bed covers be washed thoroughly every 1.5 to 2 months (even earlier in case of any unwanted stains).
Q5. Where can I buy affordable mattress protectors online?
Explore a range of fresh, white, hypoallergenic mattress protectors, bedsheets, comforters, duvet covers, pillow covers, and more on Portico’s website. Shop now.