1 - What Should I Look For When Buying Bedsheets Online?
While searching for bedsheets online, there are several factors one must be aware of. We’ve listed a few important details below:
- Anything made with 100% pure cotton is a good measure of quality when purchasing sheets.
- When you buy a bedsheet online, reading the product description section is a must as it gives you information about the bedsheet, fibre and cotton content.
- Bedsheets come in a variety of sizes. Single bedsheets are usually 152 x 224 cm. On the other hand, king-size bedsheets feature are larger; usually 254 x 274 cm.
- The colour of bedsheet certainly plays a significant role in determining the ambience of your bedroom.
- Sometimes, there might be a vast difference between online and actual photos of a bedsheet. In such situations, you should be able to return or exchange the bedsheet without any fuss.
2 - Which Bedsheet Material Is The Best?
The best quality bedsheets are made of 100% Cotton, which has extra-long-staple fibres that produce luxurious, yet extremely durable sheets. Cotton is the most breathable fabric for hot and humid regions and suitable for those with sensitive skin as well.
3 - Is Thread Count An Essential Factor To Consider While Buying Bedsheets?
A high thread count is often associated with high-quality fabric because it’s thought to make the sheets softer and more durable, but the truth is other factors like the fibre quality and weave are just as important.
4 - What Are the Benefits of Using Pure Cotton Bedsheets?
Specific benefits of using the highest quality cotton bedsheets are stated below:
- Higher Quality
- Soft & Comfortable
- Low Maintenance
5 - What Is The Standard Size For Bedsheets?
A complete bedsheet size guide is given below:
|Single Size Bedsheet
||152 x 224 cms
||60 x 88 in
|Double Size Bedsheet
||224 X 254 cms
||88 x 100 in
|Fitted Double Size Bedsheet
||150 X 198 cms + Drop Size - 20 cms
||59 x 78 in + Drop Size - 8 in
|King Size Bedsheet
||Ranges from 224 X 274 cms - 229 X 274 cms
||Ranges from 88 X 108 in - 90 X 108 in
|Fitted King Size Bedsheet
||182 x 198 cms + Drop Size - 20 cms
||72 x 78 in Drop Size - 8 in
|Super King Size Bedsheet
||274 X 274 cms
||108 x 108 in
6 - How Do I Measure My Bedsheets?
Beds are made in standard sizes, such as single, double, king and super king sizes.
We recommend that you find a bed size that is at least four inches (10cm) longer than the tallest person who will sleep in it:
- Strip the bed of all bedding. Place one end of a measuring tape at the left side of the bed. Pull the tape out until it reaches the right edge of the bed. Write down this width measurement.
- Set the end of the tape at the middle top of the bed. Extend the tape till you get to the middle bottom of the bed. Write down this length measurement.
- After measuring the length, width and depth of your bed, compare it to the manufacturer's measurements.
Ensure the sheet fit is nice and snug at the corners of your mattress with the help of these measurements.
7 - Why Are My Bedsheets Itchy?
The average human sheds 500 million skin cells a day. These dead cells pile up in your sheets in between washings. Tiny dust mites love to feed on the shed cells. The critters and their droppings can trigger allergies, asthma, and cause your itchy eczema to flare. If you’re allergic to dust mites, make sure to wash your bedding at least once a week in hot water.
8 - What Is The Difference Between Fitted and Flat Bedsheets?
As the name suggests, flat bedsheets are flat and rectangular. They fold easily and lie flat on any surface. Fitted bedsheets usually have elasticated corners, designed to be pulled over the mattress. This ensures a snug and secure fit.
9 - How Do You Fold Fitted Bedsheets?
Folding fitted bedsheets is an art in itself. Here are some instructions you should follow while folding your elastic bedsheets:
- Grasp the fitted sheet with one hand in each of the top corners.
- Double up the bedsheet in half, neatly tucking in the corners.
- Fold the sheet in half once more, ensuring all four fitted corners meet.
- Flip the right set of corners over the left set, forming a perfect rectangle.
- Double the sheet in half lengthwise, then fold it into thirds.
10 - How Can I Make My Room Look Like A Hotel?
The easiest way to jazz up your bedroom is to outfit your bed with a gorgeous set of bedsheets. To maintain the hotel room look, go for a crisp, white set of sheets. Hotel rooms tend to use sateen or percale sheets, but you can choose a material that feels most comfortable to you. Don’t forget to team them with a pair of premium large sized pillows and a fluffy white duvet.